Philippe Coutinho is reportedly close tomaking a move from Barcelona toArsenal.
Philippe Coutinho’s move to Arsenal is seemingly getting close.
The Brazil international has been on loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona in 2019-20, but is expected to leave Camp Nou permanently.
A return to the Premier League has been mooted.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL DEAL FOR COUTINHO IS ‘ADVANCED’
A deal sending Coutinho to Arsenalfrom Barcelona is “more advanced”, according to Sport.
The former Liverpool star would head back to England less than three years after leaving Anfield.
Coutinho has scored nine goals in 34 games for Bayern in 2019-20.
– There could be good news coming for Barcelona. Mundo Deportivo reports Marc-Andre ter Stegen has agreed to extend his deal at the club for five years, but there is still no financial agreement between the parties.
– Jerome Boateng‘s Bayern Munich future seems uncertain. Sport Bild reports the Bundesliga champions want to sell the defender, who would like to extend his contract beyond 2021.
– Takefusa Kubo looks set for another loan spell away from Real Madrid. AS reports Kubo will join Villarreal on loan for 2020-21, having spent this season at Mallorca.
– Are Liverpool looking for a back-up for Andy Robertson? The Athletic reports the Premier League champions value left-back Jamal Lewis at £10million, but Norwich City will not even enter talks for less than £20m.
– Contracted at Manchester United until 2022, Tahith Chong could be heading elsewhere to gain experience. Sport Bild says Werder Bremen are in talks with United over a loan deal for the attacker.
– After losing the Championship play-off final, Brentford may also see a star depart. The Guardian reports Crystal Palace are battling with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, who scored 26 goals in 49 Championship games in 2019-20.